Friday, March 12, 2010

Favorite dance

Hello everybody. I want to talk about my favorite dance that is indian giddha. Gidda is a Folk dance. it leave plenty of margin for the depiction of grace and elesticity. in India the women perform mainly on festival and marriage . Giddha is danced in circle. The girls form a circle when they started dance one girl come forwrad to sing a little song and the other girls keeping time by clapping. I really like that dance. But in NY I never seen in any occasion, but sometime In my house when all relatives are coming for small tea party then we celebrate the party by doing giddha.

1 comment:

  1. Indian dancing looks like so much fun. You should teach our class a dance! Have you been to a wedding in the U.S. yet? If so, why didn't they do this dance?

    ReplyDelete